This is just a simple glossary to inform some terms to be familiar with in the story. This will continuously be updated until I finish translating the entire second world.
- Cultivation Realms (From Bottom to Top)
- Qi Condensation Stage 煉氣
- Foundation Establishment Stage 築基
- Core Formation Stage 金丹
- Nascent Soul Stage 元嬰
- Immortalization Stage 化神
- Synthesis Stage 合體
- Mahayana Stage 大乘
- Ascension Stage 渡劫
- Dantian (丹田): The term referring to the area where the Qi is stored. The human body has three dantians, located in the head, the chest and below the navel. However, novels usually use only the navel dantian.
- Godly Sense (神识): commonly also known as Divine Sense. An ability possessed by cultivators to scan their surroundings (far beyond the limits of their ordinary 5 senses) with their spirit. The distance/total area they can scan corresponds to the strength of their spirit. Also used in some novels to remotely control magical items such as Flying Swords.
- Qi (氣): a mystical energy/power source that can be gathered from the surroundings to strengthen cultivators and allow them use supernatural abilities. The second world uses the following Qi.
- Zhenqi (真氣): By Female Lead
- Ice qi (冰氣): By Male Lead
- Spiritual Roots (灵根): the foundation of one’s body and soul. Comes in many different forms including but not limited to fire, water, earth, air, ice, gold and many more elements
- With spiritual roots, the less you have the better (provided it is more than 0), this is because the more roots you have, the more work you have to put in to balance the coexistence of the roots. Eg. A guy with the fire root can run off to his volcano and cultivate his with his fire cultivation method without worry or interruption whereas a guy with water + metal roots has to keep running back and forth between the ocean and a mine shaft while being careful not to over indulge in one element, he also needs a cultivation method for both elements.
- If one has two spiritual roots, they’re called twin roots. If one has a single spiritual root, it’s called a heavenly root.
- White Tiger (白虎): term used to call women with no pubic hair in China. Traditional belief thinks that white tiger women bring bad luck or jinx their husbands.
3. Body Constitutions
- Furnace Constitution (炉鼎 / 鼎炉): Derogatory term as girls are used as tools to increase cultivation skills through dual cultivation(or sex) To see lengthier explanation, check out: Dual cultivation and human cauldrons by Immortal Mountain
4. Terms of Address
- Daoist Spiritual Masters: The title given to cultivators in the Core Formation Stage
- Rogue Cultivators (散修) – cultivators that are unaffiliated with any sect or organization
- Zhenjun (真君): The title given to cultivators in the Nascent Soul Stage
- Venerables: The title given to cultivators in the Ascension Stage
References and Credits:
- Many thanks to Eman who helped come up with many of the terms for cultivation newbies
2. My favorite glossary for all things cultivation related -> https://www.wuxiaworld.com/page/general-glossary-of-terms